View Mobile Site
 

Ask the Expert

Signal Photos

 

Newhall: Stove fire causes brief alarm in town home complex

Posted: March 18, 2013 5:37 p.m.
Updated: March 18, 2013 5:37 p.m.
 

A stove fire created a significant amount of smoke and concern for some Newhall residents Monday. However, firefighters knocked the fire down quickly, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Fire Department said.

Shortly before 4:30 p.m., firefighters received reports of smoke from a stove inside a town home in the 19000 block of Sandpiper Place near Rainbow Glen Drive, the Fire Department spokesman said.

The fire was knocked down within 13 minutes.

“Initially, the call came in as a stove on fire,” he said. “But it was knocked down very quickly at 4:43 p.m.”
Firefighters shut down power and natural gas to the building.

Santa Clarita Valley sheriff’s deputies reported people outside the building when they arrived.

No one was injured or taken to the hospital, the Fire Department spokesman said.

jholt@the-signal.com
661-287-5527
on Twitter @jamesarthurholt

 

Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 
 

Powered By
Morris Technology
Please wait ...