View Mobile Site
 

Ask the Expert

Signal Photos

 

Felony warrant issued for attack suspect

Posted: October 26, 2012 2:00 a.m.
Updated: October 26, 2012 2:00 a.m.

Bernhardt Darko

 

Detectives investigating the violent bus attack on an elderly person earlier this month have now issued a felony arrest warrant for their prime suspect, deputies said Thursday.

A man in his “late 60s” suffered multiple injuries to his head and face, said Deputy Joshua Dubin of the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station.

On Thursday, for the second time, Dubin sent the media a wanted poster for alleged attacker 28-year-old Bernhardt Darko, of Valencia.

Darko is described as a black man, 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and 150 pounds, who is believed to frequent the areas of Newhall Ranch Road and McBean Parkway.

“A felony arrest warrant has now been issued for Bernhardt Darko,” said Dubin, who initially issued a media alert for Dubin shortly after the attack.

“This assault was particularly violent, and we are asking the media’s help so that we may locate Mr. Darko.”

On Oct. 5, about 7:45 p.m., the suspect assaulted another passenger on a Santa Clarita City bus while at the transit center in Valencia, he said.

When deputies issued their first warning about Darko they advised people that he will “most likely be on foot, riding a bicycle or riding the city bus.”

Anyone who spots him is urged not to approach him or attempt to apprehend him.

jholt@the-signal.com

661-287-5527

Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 
 

Powered By
Morris Technology
Please wait ...