View Mobile Site
 

Ask the Expert

Signal Photos

 

Canyon Country man pleads to lesser charge in 2013 Newhall stabbing

Posted: August 27, 2014 1:24 p.m.
Updated: August 27, 2014 1:24 p.m.
 

A 20-year-old gang member from Canyon Country who was charged with attempted murder for stabbing a man in 2013 has pleaded no contest to a lesser charge and sentenced to seven years in prison, a prosecution spokesman said Wednesday.

Daniel Constantino pleaded no contest to assault with a deadly weapon earlier this month in San Fernando Superior Court as part of a plea deal, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office spokesman Ricardo Santiago said.

Constantino stabbed a 25-year-old Canyon Country man after ramming the victim’s car in Newhall on Sept. 15, 2013. The victim spent several days at Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital in critical condition.

Constantino was arrested Sept. 23, 2013. A second suspect was arrested a week later in connection with the assault, but in January a judge dismissed the charge against her for lack of evidence.

Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station Career Offenders Burglary Robbery Assault team members investigated the case.

COBRA deputies said Constantino is registered with the Sheriff’s Department as a gang member.

 

 

Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 
 

Powered By
Morris Technology
Please wait ...