View Mobile Site
  • Home
  • Marketplace
  • Community
  • Gas Prices


Ask the Expert

Signal Photos


UPDATE: Castaic barricaded suspect captured by sheriff’s deputies

Posted: August 13, 2014 12:06 p.m.
Updated: August 13, 2014 6:18 p.m.

Sheriff's Department special enforcement deputies arrest a 44-year-old Castaic woman who allegedly kidnapped a man and barricaded herself inside her home, threatening to kill herself. Signal photo by Austin Dave

View More »

A 44-year-old Castaic woman allegedly kidnapped a man at gunpoint Wednesday and then holed up inside her mobile home while deputies surrounded the residence, some with guns drawn.

The three-hour standoff ended when the woman exited the residence, told Sheriff’s Department personnel in a loud and unhurried voice, “Don’t touch me. I want my dad, my mom and my therapist,” and then was tackled and handcuffed when she failed to follow orders to “get down, get down.”

The incident began Wednesday morning when the woman allegedly got into a car with a gun drawn, pointed it at the driver and told the driver to take her home.


The 44-year-old woman, whose name was not released, was identified by neighbors as a nine-year resident of a mobile home park located at 27700 Parker Road in Castaic.

The drive from where the kidnapping took place to the woman’s residence in Lakehills Mobile Estates is a short distance, Deputy Josh Dubin said. After she got home, she “exited the vehicle,” allowing the motorist to drive away unharmed, Dubin said.

“Then she goes inside her residence armed with a handgun,” Dubin said. The woman refused to come out of the home and threatened to kill herself, he said.

Deputies received reports of the incident around 10 a.m. By noon, homes around the woman’s were evacuated and SWAT team deputies positioned themselves around the woman’s residence and a sheriff’s negotiator began trying to talk the woman out, Dubin said.

“We’re hoping for a peaceful resolution and working toward a peaceful resolution,” he said.

Restraining order
According to the woman’s friends and neighbors, trouble began for her Tuesday night when she learned an ex-boyfriend had been released from jail.

“This has been coming for a long time,” said a woman who lives across the road from the suspect. “She had a boyfriend who went to jail, and they (jail officials) didn’t tell her that he had been released,” she said. The woman said she had taken out a restraining order against the boyfriend.

“She was scared to death,” she said.

Dubin said he had no information about the boyfriend.

One of the women’s neighbors said he saw her get out of a car holding a gun shortly after 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.

“She had a gun and she wanted to get into her house” but apparently didn’t have the keys, he said. “So I helped her get into her house because that’s what neighbors do.

“Apparently, she was a few blocks away and she needed a ride,” the man said, reflecting on the woman’s arrival home. “She was just really upset and needed talking to,” he said.

Shortly after 1:30 p.m., more than three hours after deputies responded to reports of a kidnapping, a woman was seen near the backyard of the home under surveillance.

Wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans, her left arm in a pink cast and her right wrist wrapped with an elastic bandage, she walked out from behind the home with her hands up.

After the brief exchange with Special Enforcement Bureau deputies, she was tackled on the sidewalk of the cul-de-sac and handcuffed.

One deputies was heard saying, “Grab the gun. It’s in her back.”

After wailing and moaning on the ground, the woman told one deputy: “Get off my ankle, you animal.”

Sheriff’s officials declined to release the woman’s name or information on any charges that may be filed against here Wednesday evening, saying only the case was under “active investigation. Nothing further is being released right now.”





Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Powered By
Morris Technology
Please wait ...