View Mobile Site
 

Ask the Expert

Signal Photos

 

UPDATE: 'Fast & Furious 7' delayed until April 2015

Posted: December 23, 2013 11:35 a.m.
Updated: December 23, 2013 6:06 p.m.
 

SANTA CLARITA - Universal Pictures has delayed the release of “Fast & Furious 7” for almost a year following the death of star Paul Walker with local businessman Roger Rodas in a fiery crash in Valencia.

The studio announced Monday that the “Fast & Furious” sequel will be released in April 2015, instead of July next year. Shooting on the film was about halfway finished when the 40-year-old Walker died Nov. 30 as the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT that Rodas was driving slammed into a light post in the Rye Canyon Loop industrial area.

Walker still will appear in the film, though Universal has not said exactly how it will handle his unfinished performance.

Co-star Vin Diesel first posted the news on Facebook, telling his fans Walker “(would) want you to know first.”

The franchise has been one of Universal’s most lucrative, grossing almost $2.4 billion worldwide since 2001. The last film, “Fast & Furious 6,” made $789 million.

Investigators with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department have found no evidence of mechanical problems and have ruled out debris or other roadway conditions causing the car the crash. The investigation is ongoing, but law enforcement officials have said speed is believed to be the cause.

Shooting on “Fast & Furious 7” had been planned to resume in Atlanta two days after the crash, but Universal suspended production indefinitely.

 

Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 
 

Powered By
Morris Technology
Please wait ...